If you know of any students (no previous experience required) who might be interested in building creative, techy or entrepreneurial skills or could use an outlet to explore new career pathways please share this opportunity with them.
Mouse is holding two info sessions next week, and programming starts the first week of November.
Here's a little more info:
- They meet weekly from November-June
- Students work in teams to design and build an app that solves a need in the community.
- This year the design theme is Mutual Aid: Neighbors Helping Neighbors
- Students will learn and practice human-centered design, community activism, UX/UI, coding, graphic design, branding, teamwork, communication, leadership and workplace skills.
- There are 4 programs to choose from, each meets a different day afterschool, each week (remotely until it is safe to meet in person).
- To join: there are 2 infosessions to choose next week - they have to go to one to learn how to apply:
Must be in 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade
Must be able to commit to participating 1-day a week virtually, for the full school year.
No previous experience in coding/design required!